Sunday 26 July 2009

time...

todays musings.....

Life is too short, and time moves too quickly. But we act as though only the next 5 seconds exist.

As a race, we humans are incapable of grasping the passage of time, we strive for short moments of pleasure without regard for the consequences.

The same reasons that keeps the lazy person in bed 5 minutes longer only to get in trouble with his boss, is the same human instinct that causes global warming and plunder of natural resources. (I mean all of us who believe it is real, but continue to use Computers, cars etc etc even if we think it is causing harm).

If we could really appreciate the simple fact that time relentlessly moves forward
that what we do has genuine implications to our future
then just then, perhaps the world would be very different indeed.




I recall the quote, that Christians "if they really believe in such a God, and an afterlife; then surely they should be acting dramatically differently from the rest of us" [can't recall the author].

...

If you're wondering what is causing these particular ramblings, then it is because I am have just left London as I have finished my years placement. There is much more I would have liked to have done, and much I wish I hadn't.
I would like to say I now know how to be sensible and focus on long-term things and not waste time on distractions... but I'm blogging so probably not

No comments:

Post a Comment